There are two payment options for iTunes to allow you to purchase apps, books, videos and music. The first is to link your credit card to your account which makes one step payments simple but can be open to exploitation and is not recommended if you’re planning to share your device with children. The other, more simple method, is to use pre-paid gift cards that allow you to purchase a set amount to spend. These cards are available at a range of retailers and if you check websites like Gift Cards on Sale they can point you to stores where you can often save 10-30%!
- An Apple ID
- An iOS Device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- Find the scratch-off label on the back of your iTunes Gift Card. Scratch off the label to reveal the 16-digit redemption code.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Tap Featured from the bottom navigation bar
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Redeem.
- In the text box, enter your 16-digit code from the back of your gift card or if you have upgraded to iOS7 you can now use the camera to scan the card.
- When done, tap the Redeem button in the top right-hand corner of the pop-up.
- If you are not already signed in with your Apple ID, you will be prompted to do so after tapping Redeem. Once you have successfully redeemed your iTunes Gift Card, you will see a Thank You prompt.
- Tap outside the Thankyou box once you have finished.