An Apple ID is a requirement of using an iOS device which gives you easy access to a variety of Apple services, including the iTunes, App and iBooks Stores.
- An Internet connection
- A valid email address
- Apple Gift Card or Credit Card Details.
You can setup an Apple ID before, during or after your initial setup.
Before – on your PC
- You can always plan ahead and have your Apple ID ready to go for when you’re ready to setup your iOS Device. Head to the Apple ID Website
- Then follow the Process below.
- The form differs a little from that found on the devices – but in gereral the Process below can be followed.
- During this process you won’t be asked for a payment method, but you will need to set one up using a prepaid gift card or credit card before you can purchase any apps or content from iTunes. To do this open the App Store on you device and on the Featured page scroll to the bottom of the page and choose to Redeem a gift card or select your Apple ID to link a credit card.
During – On your iOS Device
- When you turn your iOS Device on for the first time a setup sequence is automatically run through to get you and your device up and running quickly.
- The walkthrough follows the same basic structure as the Process listed below but you choose can skip this section if you wish.
After – On iOS Device
- From the Home screen, tap on the Settings app to start it.
- In the left-hand pane, go to the Store tab. Tap the Create New Apple ID button.
- Once you’re in you can follow the Process listed below.
- Choose Australia as the default store location.
- In the next screen scroll down and tap the Agree button to accept Apple’s terms and conditions. A popup alert will appear and again tap the Agree button to continue.
- In the next sections you have a form to fill out. Some tips:
- In the Email section, type in the email address of the owner of the device (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). In most cases it would be best to use your personal email address so that purchase remain with you.
- In the Password section, type in the desired password for your new iTunes account. This shouldn’t be the same as the actual email password. The password must be at least eight characters long, must include at least one number, at least one uppercase letter and at least one lowercase letter. Spaces cannot be used, and the same number/character cannot be used three times in a row.
- In the Security Question section, type or choose memorable questions that you can use to retrieve account details if they are forgotten.
- Setting up your Apple ID to work requires a Payment option be entered. You can choose to prepay using an iTunes Gift Card or a credit card.
- For Gift Card: In the Payment section skip all the details for the credit card payment method and date. This may require you to submit a blank form, don’t worry! The form cannot be validated and when it returns there will now be a field to insert a Redemption Code. Scratch the back of the gift card and type in the the code from iTunes gift card that you have
- For Credit Card Payment: Complete the details in the form with the correct billing addres. Note that the billing address and the selected App store location must be in the same country.
- The last two sections relate to Apple subscriptions. The default setting for both sections is that these subscriptions are turned on. It would be a good idea to switch both of these sections to the off position to avoid junk email.